Training is going very well. I'm working very hard and most of the time, I feel positive and excited about the coming weeks. Sometimes it's hard to maintain that eager feeling. For me, it's a build up of cumulative training fatigue along with the emotional and physical work it takes to raise a family of three boys. It can be a lot. Not to mention, I don't have people around me that I can talk to about this day to day. Not that I 'need' to talk about it too much. Thank goodness Mark is happy enough to listen to me. Mary is Always on the other end of an email when I need her. In addition, our house is under construction and our contractor is a good friend who happens to be a Triathlete and 'gets it.' That has been nice. But otherwise, my lips are sealed. I don't want to be that person who talks about her training . Sometimes though, I just want a little hug or high five after I've worked my tail off for 6 days in a row. It's not easy. Once in a while, I would love to tell stories about the crazy rides or runs I do.
So the countdown is on!
Alright, while there's only 30+ days left, I am still piling on lots of hours so my blogging time is limited.
I was laughing the other day-- noticing the little signs that Ironman training is full ON in my house.
Can anyone relate??
- At least a few times a week, I climb in the shower and find pieces of gel wrappers on dropping to the shower floor. They stick to my skin when I stuff them in my shirt on runs/ rides.
- This :
- I usually think of the week days in these terms: swim day, long ride day, long run day, double run day vs Mon Tues Wed...
- I always have circles on my face-- not sure if they are permanent tired eyes circles or goggle marks, but they are there! ( yes, getting old. skin not as fresh any more!! )
- Stairs can be very very evil.
- Bike bottles seem to be everywhere in the house. Full in the fridge, emtpy in the sink, left on the bike.... all over the house.
- It hasn't taken me too long to go through one of these massive jugs of post- workout tastiness!
- Laundry is everywhere. And while I do have 3 busy boys, 95% of the laundry seems to be MY workout clothing. And, I never seem to get a minute to fold it. Do you need to fold it? it's ok to just live out of it this way, right?