Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's a new day!!!

Our 2nd day in Kona has been a great day!!  Why??  Mostly because I do NOT have a fever!!!!!  It's been since Saturday night and I am ecstatic to say I think I am finally almost Better!!!!  Phew. Huge giant sigh of relief. 

Alright then.... back to the race.  My mind has been distracted a bit. Maybe that's a good thing?


First.... I woke up at 4:00 a.m. Not on  purpose. Guess I'm still stuck on Maine time a bit. I met Mary for a swim in Kailua bay. This shot doesnt' tell the story. The swells were Huge today!!!!  They were breaking over the wall as I walked over and I knew something was up. Standing on the beach it was hard to have solid footing. We were swept off our feet and finally decided it was 'safer' to just swim.  I rode a few massive swells out in that sea and was glad they didnt' carry me into the rocks.  We're not at Crescent Beach anymore!!  ( for those of you who know Maine...)

Then I picked up my bike and went for a short ride on the warm and windy Queen K.

Later in the day, we all strolled back to Dig me beach.  The boys were Thrilled with the giant waves crashing over the wall and spent a few minutes Trying to get soaked. They were successful.

I found Marni!!!!!  Great to see her again.  She's going to crush the race on Saturday!


Can you see the Gheko? They provide Lots of entertainment for my 3 boys. This one is on our lanai.

we walked around the expo, got fruit at a farmer's market, they got ice cream and I got a decaf iced coffee at a little shop, and now I'm chillin' and they're searching for more turtles down at the beach.  Getting close!!!! 


4 comments:

GetBackJoJo said...

I love the pictures! The surf was a tad rough today... I agree. Still awesome and warm and perfect, though. :)

Marisa said...

Oh yay yay yay!!!! Kona looks stunningly beautiful and I'm so happy you're on the mend. On to that victory lap!

Kim said...

woot woot, no fever- excellent ange! and how in the heck do you get those arm muscles of yours?!

World's Greatest Something said...

Best of luck with your race on Saturday and very glad to see that you've turned the corner with your fever. I can't wait to read about the experience. I'm positive you'll do all us NewEnglander's proud.