Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Now it's starting to Look like race week

As I said yesterday, it's race week.
The house is starting to show signs.
Zipps are leaning against wall. spare tires are on the chair. Race belt is well, on me right now. I didn't want to forget it while I carried the armfulls of boy clothes up the stairs.
wetsuit is folded and in the bag. Team tri suit is out. Ugly aero helmet is in the bag. The speed laces are laying next to the shoes--waiting. I do hate speed laces.
I become a little neurotic before these things.
why do I feel the need to totally clean the house before I go? I alwasy like the house in order, this is very true. But it's worse before races.
It's like I'm nesting. I nested before the babies were born. But this....this is a Half Ironman! Not a Baby!!
I am even more conscious of every little bite I eat. I am usually very good about this but now, it's "worse." It gets to the point that I will avoid eating anything if I don't think it's the right thing. This is never good. And, no worries everyone, it doens't last more than a few hours. I always manage to find something that will do. Actually, I even managed to take a small bite of Nick's peanut butter cookie today. It was big. He got it at preschool. I think he needed help, just a little never hurt anyone.
The nerves are slowly but surely catching up. I feel ready.
The taper is kicking in. I have more energy and feel a lot less 'beat up' than I have in recent weeks. I actually feel super in the water. As I've said before, I do wish this mattered more! oh well. I'll have my final run tomorrow morning. I hope that feels as good as the pool did.

8 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

That's funny! MY house was *spotless* last week before we left for the Big Island. I think the point is that you don't want to have to come home all tired and sore from a race and have a messy house to clean up. ;)
Good luck this weekend!

Jennifer Cunnane said...

You are gonna rock your race!!! I wish I could avoid the junk food during race week - but alas, sometimes its hard to avoid! Make sure to treat yourself after the race and a big win!

Chloe said...

Oh man - I'm the exact same way before a race. Every single thing that I put in my mouth I wonder if I'll be paying for it in the race. And it would be like monday :) Oh well! You are going to rock it out!!

The Lazy Triathlete said...

I am glad it is feeling like race week for you.

Swimming for ME said...

Have an amazing race this weekend Ange! I am looking forward to hearing all about how you CRUSHED the competition!!

MaineSport said...

I'll let someone else clean.

Rebecca DeWire said...

Race week is so exciting! Good luck, you are going to rock it!!!!

GetBackJoJo said...

Wow. I wish I had that nesting thing going on. My house is trashed like never before!!
The signs of my upcoming race are ALL over the house!
It will all be good when we are up there, though.
Can't wait.
You're so ready.
me too. xoxo