Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Take That!

You stinky 14 mile run.
Today, I put that bad workout to rest...officially.
I had a great workout and feel much better now. I'm back. I have confidence again and am ready to tackle one more week of hard work.
While this workout isn't too glamorous, it was satisfying.
I hopped on the trainer around 8:00 a.m. and got off just before noon. 70 miles. Hot, sweaty, long miles in the living room.
It was rainy, windy and 40 degrees here in Maine. I stripped off my drenched biking clothes and donned warm running gear. I wasn't sure how this run would feel. I was nervous after Monday.
I hit the road and the wind hit my face. By the time I was 2 miles in, I knew I was good to go. I was floating. I was strong. What a relief!
I knocked out my 8 miles and wanted more as I neared my driveway.
However, as soon as I started walking, my body was So happy to be done and besides, I was Starving!!
Great day.
Bring it on Florida..

4 comments:

GetBackJoJo said...

I'm glad it was a great workout! 70 miles on the trainer--wow. You deserve a big kiss for that!~ I'm stuck on the fact that you did 14 miles and then two days later did 70/8. That's pretty awesome. You are in ROCKING shape, and I am so proud of you for sticking to it this fall, really working it, and entering your final tough week in top form!
Ange, you are going to be in the top in your AG at Worlds. I'm so excited to see how it all goes down!
(And I'm even more excited to party after the race.... we are going to have a great night!)

Jennifer Cunnane said...

Whew! Long workout - you are looking ready for Florida! I am sad I am going to miss meeting up with everyone. But, hoping I will be able to join everyone next year if I don't work so much. You have worked so hard so make sure to rest up on your taper1

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD said...

wow 70 miles..inside! I can't even do that without getting bored outside!
looks like you are ready. can't wait to see you!!
-marni

Zach said...

Wow - 70 miles on the trainer! Did you watch movies while riding or just let your mind wander? Now that we are living in Oregon I think I am going to be doing a lot more trainer rides than I did in California.

How do you like your brick workouts? I have done them while training for shorter events but am planning on training for my first HIM this year and the program I was looking at only has short bricks of 15-20 mintues. It does have a lot of running, just not long brick workouts.