Friday, October 3, 2008

I keep forgetting!!!

I'm racing on Sunday!! Sort of. I jumped into the Peak Performance Maine Half Marathon on Sunday. (I have to mention Peak because it's home to my Tri team and they are the new sponsor to the Marathon/Half mary this year.)
I have never run a flat Half marathon before. I've done 6 marathons and 2 Half Ironmans. Ironmen?
Anyway, I've gone the distance many times, just never alone.
I plan to do a short bike ride before the race with some friends and a solid 90 min. ride after the race with some friends. It'll be a fun training day for sure.


Besides all that, training has been going well. Until today. I have felt strong and solid. I did a few hard bricks this week and felt incredible when I finished. I could have gone much longer. Today, I was a piece of raw meat. I felt slow and wobbly in the pool. My form was sloppy. I was weak and slow. I didn't even have the urge to Try to go faster! I rode my bike for an hour in the freezing cold. That part felt fine. Nothing too great but not too bad either. Then I ran. Dead again! Just slow and tired. My splits weren't even worth recording. Blah blah.
In my defense, or at least what I'll note in my log book is that I do have a chest cold. I have a nasty cough and no voice. Well, it's weak. It makes my kids laugh when I sing crazy love songs in the car. So, maybe that's it. Maybe it's that I worked hard the rest of the week and now I need to rest.
They can't all be good days right?

4 comments:

Swimming for ME said...

What time and where does it start? I'll come cheer you on! You will do awesome!

GetBackJoJo said...

Go Ange! Have a great race! You will kick some serious butt! Way to go on the training... No, not every workout is a good one, but you have been having MANY great training days, and that's what you need to focus on! Your body is just forcing you to take it easy before the race. I can't believe you've never done a 1/2! It's kind of like a 1/2 Ironman, I think. You can really RACE it. Have fun!

Zach said...

Good Luck on Sunday!

Jennifer Cunnane said...

Rest up before that race and make sure to let us know how it goes!!!