- for hugging me in our kitchen last July and saying, "yes. Let's go sign you up."
- for telling me to "take my time" every single time I headed out for workout. Every time. You never made me feel guilty. Not once.
- for telling me all the reasons why I shouldn't feel guilty for my hours away when I brought the feeling on myself
- for smiling patiently when I showed you all my new gear along the way and asking calmly how much is cost
- for scheduling morning meetings later so you wouldn't have to leave home early-allowing me to do my daily training
- for your unbelievable patience and understanding all those times I had a "long swim" or things just took longer than expected at the lake and I rolled in, no screeched in, at 7:17 instead of 6:58.
- for taking over the breakfast hour at home with the boys...all year long
- for keeping the boys quiet on those rare mornings that I got to sleep in
- for your understanding about my early bedtimes--even on Friday and Saturday nights
- for never questioning me when I began cooking unbelievably healthy pancakes and cookies....you try so hard to like them so the boys will too!
- for convincing me I can do anything I decide to do
- for being my rock when I broke down from exhaustion and doubt
- for being super Dad and getting the kids all over New England to watch me race--at the crack of dawn.
- for buying me race wheels for our 10th anniversary
- for your constant patience and support. We are here. Next week. I promise to stay up past my 'bedtime' soon. To finish a movie with you. To sleep in on Saturday mornings.
This Ironman journey has been amazing. I've had ups and downs. But one thing is certain, despite all my personal dedication and hard work, I could not have done it without my husband.
So THANK YOU MARK!!!